NOW HIRING FOR OUR NEXT NETTING TRADESPERSON SUPERSTAR
Elite Netting is a highly sought-after company that builds large scale protective structures over fruit tree crops and other high value assets throughout Australia and New Zealand. Our company has experienced strong growth over the last few years which has resulted in increased employment opportunities for talented tradespeople.
We have teams currently working in South Australia, New South Wales and Victoria building protective structures ranging from a few hectares to over 50 hectares.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Ambitious and enthusiastic person looking for a trade-career opportunity where they will gain highly desirable trade skills and specialty knowledge in a unique and booming industry. Must possess strong work ethic, teamwork mindset and enjoy physically demanding work outdoors. Labour, construction, farm and machinery experience is highly regarded.
Installation Field Crews are responsible for the entire installation process of our massive 50ha plus structures.
Netting is a specialty trade which means all recruits start as trainees and learn trade-specific skills on-the-job from experienced tradespersons.
Work tasks for a new trainee start out basic but will quickly progress into skilled tasks where we aim for a fully rounded tradesperson with skills and knowledge in every aspect of protective structure installation. The work is often in EWPs at heights approximately 5m from ground, physically demanding and takes place in horticultural regions throughout Australia. Dedication and commitment to learning the finer points of the trade whilst producing the highest quality work is a must. In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity for a long-term career in a rapidly growing company.
Trainee Tradesperson – Permanent Fulltime 3:1 DIDO Roster
Hourly Rate + Super + Travel/DIDO Incentives + Accommodation
180 hours per 3:1 DIDO roster (3 weeks on : 1 week off)
- This is an entry level position in the Protective Structure Trade.
- All tools, equipment, PPE and training will be provided to assist trainees to become highly skilled and experienced Tradespeople.
- Due to strong industry growth, promotions and career opportunities are available for the right people which include team leader and project manager positions.
- Project sites are in regional areas around Australia so tradespeople must be able to transport themselves to these locations for a 3:1 DIDO roster (3 weeks on:1 week off). Elite Netting provides comfortable accommodation and increased remuneration and benefits for tradespeople who work a 3:1 DIDO roster.
- Commitment to becoming an experienced and capable tradesperson in the protective structure industry.
- Actively participate in on-the-job training and perform all tasks involved in the installation of commercial protective structures over horticultural food crops.
- Use a range of hand and power tools
- Operate various heavy machinery including EWP’s and tractors
- Communicate with team members, supervisors, and other site workers effectively
- Work safely at heights
- Verbal communication skills
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Work effectively in a team
- Manual handling skills
- Working at heights
- Rights to work in Australia
- Driver’s license and reliable transport
- Excited to work DIDO 3:1 roster
- Willing to undergo employment medical and drug and alcohol screening
How To Apply
Be sure to write and attach a cover letter that tells us about you and why you applied for the position.
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume in PDF or WORD DOC to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the below form and click the ‘Submit’ button to complete your application.